Friday, August 12, 2016

Gluten-Free Snack Cake, Single Serve or Share

UPDATE:  WhooHoo!!  Seems that Florida now has a new Cottage Food Law that will allow me to sell my little snack cakes :-)  Yahoo...going to have to look into this a bit more but it sounds really promising!!


My challenge was simple.  I wanted a quick n easy snack that didn’t create a huge mess, didn’t have a ton of leftovers, didn’t have all the sugar/fat of regular treats, and might actually be a bit healthier than most snacks.  AND it had to work in a toaster oven or microwave.  AND it had to be Gluten-Free!!  It took a bit, many trials n errors, about 5 lbs on my behalf and then I just started passing them out to family and friends and begging for feedback.

EUREKA!!

What I ended up with is great!!  It’s a little Gluten-Free Snack Cake that comes in two flavors…Chocolate and Vanilla…that’s just big enough for one person, or to share.  You can prepare it with Applesauce if you don’t want the fat…or your favorite Greek Yogurt for the extra protein.  I prefer the Chocolate done with the Applesauce, and the Vanilla done with Pineapple Yogurt.

Ok…so now I’ve got the recipe perfected.  What shall I do with it?? 

I’m thinking that I can certainly sell these little gems locally.  No problem there - $4.00 per Snack Cake seems about right.  But I’m also wondering if I can sell them by mail??  I’m thinking $5.00 per Snack Cake allows for my shipping and handling too.

Gluten-Free Vanilla Ingredients:  White Rice Flour Mix* (White Rice, Tapioca, Sorghum, Potato Flours, & Corn Starch), Raw Sugar, Buttermilk Solids, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sea Salt (*White Rice, Tapioca, Sorghum, Potato Flours, & Corn Starch)

Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Ingredients:  Brown Rice Flour Mix* (Brown Rice, Tapioca, Sorghum, Potato, Garbanzo & Fava Flours), Raw Sugar, Dark Cocoa, Buttermilk Solids, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sea Salt

A warm delicious, single-serve (or share) Gluten-Free Dessert that’s ready in minutes straight from the microwave or toaster oven! Now you can treat yourself to a warm indulgent dessert without all the preparation, time and clean-up.  Just add two simple ingredients and pop it into the microwave or toaster oven. You’ll have a warm treat in no time.  They’re the perfect size and are so quick and easy!! These cakes are so quick, easy to make that Celiac Teens can make them as an after school snack, and they’re just big enough to satisfy two or three toddlers without any waste.

Bring them to work for a quick and warm treat. But the greatest thing is that you don't have to worry about finishing off an entire cake. Just one satisfies your sweet tooth and you don't have all of the guilt from overeating.

Toaster Oven:  30 Minutes at 350, One 4” Ramekin
          (Oven Proof or Microwave Safe)
Microwave:   3 Minutes on High, One 12oz Coffee Cup, or Two Smaller Coffee Cups
Allow time to cool

Carolanne Le Blanc
FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/glutenfree.inflorida
Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse, 101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, Florida 33771

4 comments:

  1. Katrina, Gluten Free Friends of TampaApril 2, 2011 at 12:01 AM

    Carolanne,
    In addition to being gluten free, are these snack cakes you created dairy free, soy free, nut free, and free of beans? Which type of gluten filled snack cake would you compare your gluten free snack cake to? I agree that there would probably be a demand for this since I do not know of any GF snack cakes being sold locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions Katrina! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The only thing I need to worry about is Gluten so I'm afraid I tend to get tunnel vision sometimes. I will go find answers to your questions and do an update. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolanne,
    How can I get such creations?
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got around to buying applesauce so I made one of those mixes for Kayla last night.

    Man, that thing erupted all over the edge of the cup like a volcano and was foaming all over the place. Kay was screaming "IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE" which made the dogs go nuts, which made the parrot go nuts, which made all the cats run and hide and it was the most hilarious thing ever.

    Tasted pretty good, was quite entertaining. Maybe next time I need a bigger mug!

    ReplyDelete

Followers