Friday, August 19, 2016

Dinner Done! Gluten-Free

Get your Dinner Done!
http://www.dinnerdone.com/
Often end up grabbing fast food or spending a lot to eat out?  Wish your family sat down for homemade meals more often?  Let us help bring dinner home.  Prepare healthy meals in our professional kitchen, order ToGo or have it delivered! 

I’m sitting here at my computer enjoying a bowl of Pulled Chicken in Honey Chipotle Sauce that I just pulled out of my Crockpot and paired up with some broccoli.  Out of the fridge, into the Crockpot on low for a few hours and I have a wonderful dinner…absolutely no prep time.  Now that’s the way I like to cook.  And it tastes delicious!

About a month ago I heard through the Celiac grapevine of a great place in Tampa that understood good food prepared at home and Gluten-Free.  For a set fee you can choose 4 meals from a full menu and make a reservation to attend a prep session.  You show up on time, receive an apron, your chosen menu, and instructions on how to put it all together.  Then you work in their kitchen, follow their recipes, use their ingredients, tools and storage materials and walk out the door an hour or two later with some incredible food ready for the freezer and simple instructions for preparing your own wonderful meals at home.  And did I mention they understand Gluten-Free?

So I got in touch with Audra, the owner, and asked her for a list of safe meals that I could have.  Of the 12 or so items on the menu I expected to find only one or two that would be suitable for a Gluten-Free lifestyle.  I was astounded by what I received…not just one or two but this:

•Argentinean Flank – OK as is
•Farmers Market Chicken -- Use gluten-free chicken base
•Goat Cheese Herb Stuffed Chicken -- Use corn meal instead of panko
•Hong Kong Pork Tenderloin - Use gluten free soy sauce; use corn meal instead of panko; OMIT dipping sauce (contains a soy sauce that DOES contain a little gluten)
•Marsala Mushroom Chicken -- Use corn starch instead of flour
•Salmon with Piquant Dill Sauce -- OK as is
•Chicken Parmigiana -- Use corn starch instead of Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs. Lightly season it with salt and pepper
•Chops with Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta - OK as is
•Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Salsa - OK as is
•Pulled Chicken in Honey Chipotle Sauce - OK as is

Now that’s an impressive list of choices!  And it was very difficult to pick out just four!  But I finally settled on the ones I wanted and then set about putting the recipes together.  There were fourteen prep stations altogether.  Each one specifically set up for one entire recipe.  So it was just a matter of moving from station to station for my four meals.  Everything I needed was within easy reach, and there were helpers aplenty to answer questions and whisk away dirty dishes and utensils to replace them with clean in the blink of an eye. Each meal feeds 4-6 people and we were given the option of splitting them in half for smaller portions.  So I actually got eight meals to bring home…two of each of my four choices.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that because of my lapband each meal provided one dinner and two smaller lunches.  And if my meals taste as incredible as my dinner tonight I am one very happy camper :-)  My daughter and I are already looking over the March menu and trying to figure out when we can make it back to Tampa for another prep session.

They do have the option of picking up already prepared frozen meals, or having them delivered to you within their delivery area.  But being Gluten-Free I fully understand the possibilities of cross-contamination so I actually prefer to prep everything myself so that I can see what’s going into my meal first-hand.  I’m willing to accept those risks myself and for the price of my meals I am extremely happy with what I received.  We will definitely be returning to Dinner Done!

Dan and Audra Nasser
Dinner Done Carrollwood

Address: 10330 N. Dale Mabry, Suite #120, Tampa, FL 33618-4404
Phone: (813) 264-7700
Directions: Dinner Done Carrollwood is located in the Promenade Plaza in Carrollwood.  Directly on N. Dale  Mabry, just north of Busch.  We’re in the same plaza as Avant Gold Jewelers and Peter Glenn Ski & Sports, just south of McDonalds.


Carolanne Le Blanc
FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/glutenfree.inflorida
Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse, 101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, Florida 33771

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Carolanne! It's our pleasure to have you in the kitchen with us. We're working hard to make sure we've always got gluten-free options for as many menu items as possible. Hope to see you again soon ~ Audra

    ReplyDelete

Followers