Friday, July 22, 2016

P F Changs China Bistro, Gluten-Free

We're truly glad that you're here and we will do everything we can to make you want to come back.
On a recent trip to Jacksonville, Florida my girls decided to treat me to an experience that I'd missed for over 20 years now.  We went out for Chinese Food!!  OMG  I didn't realize how much I had missed some good Chinese Food.  I'd heard about P F Chang's...in fact we have one right in my own neighborhood of Tampa, Florida.  But for some reason I never had the urge to try...probably because it had been so long since I'd had any.  So we packed up the family, kids and all - four generations, and headed out to P F Chang's for dinner.  Seven of us and we were seated almost immediately...that was nice considering the place was packed.  It was a Monday night and the kitchen was hopping.  In fact the kitchen had a big glass wall that allowed everyone to see what was going on.  I told my girls it was like watching Chef Ramsay on Television.

Right away we ordered drinks and my daughter ordered the CHANG'S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS - Their signature appetizer. Wok-seared minced chicken, mushrooms, green onions, and water chestnuts served over crispy rice sticks and served with cool, crisp lettuce cups.  Gluten-Free of course - Oh My!!  Our waitress also brought out a variety of dipping sauces.  Also Gluten-Free - apparently my youngest daughter had informed the waitress of my needs as soon as we sat down.  Have I mentioned that I love my daughters??

When they handed me the menu I was absolutely blown away!!  I honestly expected only a few token items, nothing too complicated.  What I found was a menu with so many Gluten-Free options that I couldn't decide.  There was even a dessert!!  I had to get help choosing something to try.  I ended up with GF MOO GOO GAI PAN - Sliced chicken breast and tender shrimp served w/mushrooms and sliced vegetables in a mild sauce.  My 6yo Granddaughter ordered GF P F CHANG'S FRIED RICE - Wok-fried rice blended w/egg, gluten free soy sauce, carrots, bean sprouts and sliced scallions w/chicken. She wanted to share with me so ordered something safe for me to eat.

We had a wonderful meal.  But we all ate so much that no-one had room for dessert.  My oldest daughter has promised me we'll take a ride over to the Tampa restaurant some day just to try that dessert :-)

On the way out one of the evening Manager's stopped to ask if I had enjoyed my meal.  I told him that because of being Wheat-Free and Gluten-Free I had not been able to enjoy Chinese Food until that night.  I told him my meal was incredible and I couldn't describe how happy I was to be able to eat out in confidence with my family.  He told me that not only was P F Chang's working on expanding their menu even further...but that they were working on bringing their Gluten-Free dishes to the local Grocer's Freezer too!  Happy News!!

STARTER - GF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
NOODLES - GF Singapore Street Noodles
VEGETARIAN - GF Buddha's Feast
SOUP - GF Egg Drop Soup
RICE - GF P F Chang's Fried Rice
SIDES - GF Spinach Stir-Fried W/Garlic, GF Garlic Snap Peas, GF Shanghai Cucumbers
ENTREES - GF Chang's Spicy Chicken, GF Mongolian Beef, GF Ginger Chicken W/Broccoli, GF Moo Goo Gai Pan, GF Beef W/Broccoli, GF Norwegian Salmon Steamed W/Ginger, GF Shrimp W/Lobster Sauce, GF Beef Á La Sichuan, GF Pepper Steak
DESSERT - GF Flourless Chocolate Dome
NOTES ABOUT THIS MENU - All Gluten Free items are served on a special plate with the P.F. Chang’s logo. These menu items are either gluten free as prepared, or are modified to be gluten free.



Carolanne Le Blanc

FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/glutenfree.inflorida
Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse, 101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, Florida 33771

1 comment:

  1. CarolAnne,

    Thank you for your nice note! We recognize how many individuals are affected by Celiac Disease each year and have developed our Gluten Free Menu so our gluten-intolerant Guests could continue to enjoy the P.F. Chang's experience.

    At P.F. Chang's China Bistro, our message is "We are truly glad that you are here and we will do everything we can to make you want to come back." It is gratifying to receive compliments like yours because it means that we have succeeded in our efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will share your kind words with our entire Jacksonville Team and we look forward to having you dine with us again soon!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Stefanie Dunnegan
    Guest Relations
    P.F. Chang's China Bistro

    ReplyDelete

Followers