Friday, May 27, 2016

Rudi's Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread

"Gluten-free doesn’t mean bread-free." 
"Made with stuff you can pronounce and ingredients you recognize"

O…M…G – that’s all I have to say.  Honestly.

I guess I’ll have to explain my death bed wish.  It’s ok…my daughters already know.  When I’m down to my last 30 minutes of life…I want two pieces of the best glutenous Cinnamon Raisin Toast with real butter - and a Boston Cream Donut of course.  I’ve been Wheat-Free, then Gluten-Free for nearly 20 years now so it’s been a looooong time since I’ve had a really good piece of bread.

Until the other day when I received a package from Rudi’s Bakery.  I tore into it like a kid into a Christmas package.  I’ve heard the rumors…this was supposed to be the best around.  Now I have to admit…I was expecting tasteless white bread.  And what did I find right there on top??  Gluten-Free Raisin Bread!!  Oh My Goodness!!  Raisin Bread.  I couldn’t wait to pop the first slice into the toaster.  I grabbed the butter out of the fridge while I waited.  I know…cold butter, warm crusty bread…I was going to make it work.  Oh, my kitchen smelled incredible while it toasted.  I pulled the Raisin toast out even before the bell had a chance to ring.

Five minutes later I sat down with my Gluten-Free Raisin toast and a nice cup of Tea.  I was in heaven, absolute and total heaven.  This was by far the tastiest bit of bread that I’ve had in decades.  And it had raisins!!  Not just one or two…like I’ve gotten in others I’ve tried…but many!!  Enough raisins for every single bite…plenty of raisins.  Did I mention taste??  This is wonderful bread - incredible toasted, nice and crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside with a great taste.


Now I do have to admit...my toaster has a tendency to burn the top crust of this bread.  I don't know why.  So I have to watch it while it's toasting...but I don't mind.  It is soooo worth the watch.

Instructions on the package state keep frozen.  I did that and pulled another slice out to defrost at room temperature…just to see how it was.  This bread is incredible without being toasted!!  Now that’s pretty much unheard of when it comes to Gluten-Free breads.  So the next day I made myself a Peanut Butter & Banana sandwich with room temperature bread and was incredibly impressed. 

I can’t wait to try this out on my Gluten Intolerance Group.  They’re going to love it!  And I guess now I’m going to have to change my death bed wish.  Hmmmm…a real Boston Cream Donut and I think perhaps my mom’s Mince Meat Pie.  That will do it!!

Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery
3300 Walnut Street # C
Boulder, CO   80301

Consumer Hotline: 877-293-0876
Phone: 303-447-0495
Fax: 303-447-0516

Water, raisins, potato extract, rice starch, rice flour, sorghum flour, organic evaporated cane juice, organic high oleic sunflower/safflower oil, egg whites, yeast, sea salt, xanthan gum, organic cinnamon, organic molasses

Carolanne Le Blanc
Email: GlutenFreeInFlorida @ Yahoo.com
FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/glutenfree.inflorida
Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse, 101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, Florida 33771

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers