Friday, April 22, 2016

Bavarian, Gluten-Free Whole Rice Bread w/Flaxseed

Baked with Mountain Spring Water, tastes great toasted!
Gluten-Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Milk Free, Egg Free, GMO Free, No Preservatives

This is not your typical white bread.  Baked according to European tradition there is nothing fluffy about this wonderful Gluten-Free bread.  I'm reminded of the breads my mom used to enjoy when I was a child.  Heavy, dense breads with a firm texture; she always enjoyed them toasted.  Which is exactly what I did as soon as I opened the package.  I waited impatiently by the toaster, careful not to let it burn.  I wanted just the right crispness, and none of that charcoal color I sometimes end up with.  I can't stand wasting a perfectly good slice of bread like that.  Of course once I had it toasted to perfection then I had to decide what to put on it.  So once again I relied on memories of childhood and pulled out my favorite orange marmalade.  Just a moment later...mmmmm...wonderful.  Warm and toasty, the bread had just a hint of sour and a tight texture that was just great to sink my teeth into.  Nope, this is not your typical white bread.  Try this bread with an open mind and I can almost guarantee you'll be back for more.

And don't forget to check out their website.  There is some really great information about the origins and creation of these breads.  They're very unique.  From their website; "These great tasting breads have a long shelf life, and should not be stored in a freezer. Once the package is opened, the bread will stay fresh for up to 8 days when stored in the refrigerator."

Heinrich Leupoldt KG
95163 Weissenstadt
Bavaria, Germany
R&R Export Import 
www.bavarianglutenfreebread.com

Ingredients: Cereals 59% (whole rice, millet, buckwheat, rice flour, maize), water, sweet lupin flour, flaxseed, salt, guar gum, yeast, sunflower seeds, caramel,  no chemical additives.

Carolanne Le Blanc
Email: GlutenFreeInFlorida @ Yahoo.com
FaceBook:  http://www.facebook.com/glutenfree.inflorida
Meeting:  4th Saturday of every month except December
Imperial Palms, East Clubhouse, 101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, Florida 33771

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers